[Samba] Bi directional trusts with server 2003 - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Bi directional trusts with server 2003 - Samba ; Is it possible to establish a two way trust relationship between a SAMBA Domain and Win2003 AD Domain such that Users in the SAMBA domain can log on to machines in the W2003 Domain and users in the Windows Domain ...

  1. [Samba] Bi directional trusts with server 2003

    Is it possible to establish a two way trust relationship between a SAMBA
    Domain and Win2003 AD Domain such that Users in the SAMBA domain can log
    on to machines in the W2003 Domain and users in the Windows Domain can
    log on to XP machines in the SAMBA Domain? Is this a domain trust, a
    machine trust, both, or what?

    Thanks

    Doug P

  2. [Samba] Re: Bi directional trusts with server 2003

    Douglas Phillipson oem.doe.gov> writes:

    > Is it possible to establish a two way trust relationship between a SAMBA
    > Domain and Win2003 AD Domain such that Users in the SAMBA domain can log
    > on to machines in the W2003 Domain and users in the Windows Domain can
    > log on to XP machines in the SAMBA Domain?

    Yes, it is an interdomain trust, and it is described in the how-to-collection in
    chapter 19.

    You should note, that winbind is a demand. I have experienced that since samba
    3.0.23 kerberos is also a demand to authenticate with W2003.

    --
    Thorkil Olesen,
    Hanstholm, Denmark