Running a security=share Samba 3.0.26a (with a print$ share), serving XP
print/file and Vista file clients w/o any problems.

However, when attempting to connect to a Samba shared printer with a Vista
client I get:
"Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed
(error 0x00000057)."

It appears the REG_BINARY to REG_SZ patch discussed here:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba...ebruary/051552, is on,
but maybe I'm running into trouble because the point-n-print stuff was
initially added via the APW against some earlier version 3 of Samba? Would
removing ntprinters.tdb and setting up my point-n-print environment again
with this newer samba version accomplish anything?

Thanks for any help,
~ Daniel