I am trying to build an embedded samba appliance that will work as a VPN
endpoint for a remote server.

I have no control over the IP and routing assigned to the appliance, or
the computers on its subnet.

I've set up wins forwarding on the appliance so I can see the remote
server in My networks on the client PCs, but (not surprisingly ) I
cannot connect to it as the windows clients have no route to the subnet
at the remote endpoint.

Is there some magic bullet proxy that I can use to "forward" the
connection from the remote samba server to the appliance?

Both the appliance and the remote are running samba 3.0.26a.