[Samba] recycle: touching failed operation not permitted - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] recycle: touching failed operation not permitted - Samba ; Hello In /var/log/messages I have got a lot of errors such as : "recycle: touching .recycle/jankowski/500/500_U/21-10-5U.~TIF failed, reason = Operation not permitted " ~~.tif it's a temp file and I noticed that samba deletes this files to recycle . My ...

  1. [Samba] recycle: touching failed operation not permitted

    Hello
    In /var/log/messages I have got a lot of errors such as :

    "recycle: touching .recycle/jankowski/500/500_U/21-10-5U.~TIF failed,
    reason = Operation not permitted "

    ~~.tif it's a temp file and I noticed that samba deletes this files to
    recycle .
    My smb.conf

    comment = Rastry
    public = yes
    invalid users = @geodeta,@ewidencja,
    path = /home/samba/rastry
    write list = @rastry
    deny hosts = korytarz1, korytarz2
    force create mode = 0777
    vfs object = full_audit recycle
    recycle:repository = .recycle/%U
    recycle:touch = true
    recycle:keeptree = true
    recycle:versions = false
    recycle:exclude = *.TMP
    recycle:directory_mode = 773
    full_auditrefix = %u|%m|%I
    full_audit:failure = read
    full_audit:success = pwrite rename unlink rmdir mkdir

    Please help me because my syslog has a lot of this entry's

  2. Re: [Samba] recycle: touching failed operation not permitted

    Hi,

    If this is a temporary file, do you really need it to be recycled?
    If not, just add it to your "recycle:exclude" line

    * Michael Heydon - IT Administration / Support *
    michaelh@jaswin.com.au
    TEL: (08) 9351 3400 Direct: (08) 9351 3473
    FAX: (08) 9351 3410

    http://www.jaswin.com.au
    1 McDowell Street
    Welshpool WA 6106

    ******Disclaimer******
    Jason Windows Pty Ltd
    This email is private and confidential. If you are not the intended
    recipient, please immediately advise us by return email, and delete this
    email and any attachments without using or disclosing the contents in
    any way. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
    sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Jason Windows Pty Ltd.