Can not copy large files - Samba

This is a discussion on Can not copy large files - Samba ; I have recently set up a samba to act as a domain controller. At first glance the setup seems to work fine however when I try to move large files (800 meg +) from my desktop to the server I ...

  1. Can not copy large files

    I have recently set up a samba to act as a domain controller. At first
    glance
    the setup seems to work fine however when I try to move large files (800 meg
    +) from my desktop to the server I receive the following error after about
    one
    minute: "the specified network name is no longer available". I can
    copy/open/write
    and files size smaller than about 800mb. I have ensured that the Suse
    firewall2
    and WindowsXP firewall are turned off. Does anyone have any idea?

    Router Specs:
    Netgear WiFi /w 4 Wired Cat5 ports
    Firewall Status: On (Tried off as well)
    Server Specs:
    Suse 9.1 Linux
    RAID 5 Controller (560 GB available to the network to store files)
    Samba 3.0.20a
    Domain Controller
    Firewall status: off
    Desktop Specs:
    Windows XP Pro
    Connecting to Domain is Successful
    Fiewall status: off
    Can copy/read and write files smaller than 800 mb

    Samba conf file:
    [global]
    netbios name = borg-queen
    workgroup = THE_BORG
    server string = Borg Server
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    dead time = 15
    #Browsing Options os level = 65 preferred master = yes domain master
    = yes domain logons = yes logon home = \\%N\%U logon path = \\%N\%U
    logon drive = H: #Security Options security = user hosts allow =
    192.168.0. #Debug logging information log level = 3 log file =
    /var/log/samba.log.%m maxlog size = 50[homes] comment = Home Directories
    valid users = borg-queen, %S read only = no browseable = no [netlogon]
    comment = The domain logon service path = /home/borg-queen/netlogon/
    public = no browseable = no[profiles] comment = User profiles path =
    /home/borg-queen/profiles create mask = 0600 directory mask = 07000
    read only = no profile acls = yes [borgfiles] valid users = dominator,
    belladonna, mobile-dom, phone-dom, borg-queen comment = All Borg Files
    path = /home/borg-queen/borg-files/ read only = no

  2. Re: Can not copy large files

    I had a similar problem due to hardware failure. You may want to go through
    your IDE/ATA/SCSI settings in your Kernel and make sure everything is
    correct. Another reason I had a problem was due to IDE IRQ Sharing in Linux.
    Not sure if that helps.

    I'd run an fsck asap to make sure the drive works. I'd also (if possible)
    hook it up to another machine to verify the hard drive is not faulty. The
    problem I had was my Seagate 400G had a thing where it would work fine if I
    copied huge files but would crash and unmount the drive when I streamed
    video/audio from it over Samba.

    Not sure if this helps.... good luck with your server.

    - Mace

+ Reply to Thread