samba errors: (87) The parameter is incorrect. (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. - Samba

This is a discussion on samba errors: (87) The parameter is incorrect. (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. - Samba ; I get these repeated errors from my windows server but cannot understand why. I am running samba on fedora 4 boxes and my servers run on windows 2000. Whenever someone attempts to manually access a shared volume on a linux ...

  1. samba errors: (87) The parameter is incorrect. (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

    I get these repeated errors from my windows server but cannot
    understand why. I am running samba on fedora 4 boxes and my servers run
    on windows 2000. Whenever someone attempts to manually access a shared
    volume on a linux box and use the right credentials we never experience
    the 1326 error. I included the samba config file below and more details
    of both errors from event viewer.
    Does anyone have a clue why both errors occur like dozens of times
    daily?

    Error messages on the Windows servers:

    (87) The parameter is incorrect.

    or

    (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

    smb.conf file:

    #======================= Global Settings
    =====================================

    [global]

    workgroup = WORKGROUP

    server string = Server

    log level = 0

    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

    max log size = 50

    security = user

    encrypt passwords = yes

    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

    local master = no

    dns proxy = no

    syslog only = yes

    ==============================

    [sharea$]

    path = /a

    writeable = no

    write list = @group

    create mask = 775

    [shareb$]

    path = /b

    writeable = no

    write list = @group

    create mask = 775

    [sharec$]

    path = /c

    writeable = no

    write list= @group

    create mask = 775

  2. Re: samba errors: (87) The parameter is incorrect. (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

    which exact version of samba are you running ?

  3. Re: samba errors: (87) The parameter is incorrect. (1326) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

    we are using samba 3.0.14 and the error appears more frequently with
    more load.

+ Reply to Thread