winbindd_pam_auth_crap first time winbindd is started - Samba

This is a discussion on winbindd_pam_auth_crap first time winbindd is started - Samba ; I'm running Winbind under solaris, Samba 3.0.20 recompiled with ADS support and ALS. Winbind is under SunCluster control. The problem is that only the first time winbindd is started, no authentication can be done, although "wbinfo -u" works. The message ...

  1. winbindd_pam_auth_crap first time winbindd is started

    I'm running Winbind under solaris, Samba 3.0.20 recompiled with ADS
    support and ALS. Winbind is under SunCluster control.

    The problem is that only the first time winbindd is started, no
    authentication can be done, although "wbinfo -u" works.
    The message on log.winbindd is the following:

    [2005/09/08 10:02:00, 3]
    nsswitch/winbindd_group.c:winbindd_getgroups(923)
    [ 0]: getgroups 105RMC/samba
    [2005/09/08 10:02:00, 3]
    nsswitch/winbindd_sid.c:winbindd_gid_to_sid(406)
    [ 0]: gid to sid 10001
    [2005/09/08 10:02:00, 3]
    nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_interface_version(460
    )
    [ 0]: request interface version
    [2005/09/08 10:02:00, 3]
    nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_priv_pipe_dir(493)
    [ 0]: request location of privileged pipe
    [2005/09/08 10:02:00, 3]
    nsswitch/winbindd_misc.c:winbindd_domain_info(355)
    [ 0]: domain_info [105RMC]
    [2005/09/08 10:02:00, 3]
    nsswitch/winbindd_pam.c:winbindd_pam_auth_crap(535)
    [ 0]: pam auth crap domain: [105RMC] user: samba

    If i stop and start winbindd it works alright.
    Another info I just discovered. When winbindd is in the condition of
    not working, if i issue "wbinfo -t" is start working fine.
    Below my smb.conf:

    [global]
    realm = AZIENDA.NET
    netbios name = azienda-lh
    bind interfaces only = yes
    interfaces=azienda-lh/255.255.255.0
    security=ADS
    encrypt passwords=yes
    password server = 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3
    use kerberos keytab=true
    workgroup = AZIENDA

    idmap backend = ad

    idmap uid=10000-20000
    idmap gid=10000-20000
    winbind use default domain = Yes
    winbind enum users=yes
    winbind enum groups=yes
    winbind separator=/

    winbind cache time = 600
    winbind nss info = sfu

    Thank you!
    Regards,
    Giuseppe

  2. Re: winbindd_pam_auth_crap first time winbindd is started

    Sorry, in my previous post I tried to hide the name of the customer,
    but I forget it to change on the logs ;-)
    AZIENDA = 105RMC

+ Reply to Thread