On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> They are, but I'm a cache skeptic (despite my love for squid ;-). I've
> been designing this code to avoid needing to make any extra queries at
> all - that way, we don't add network load, even in the worst cases.

Which is good, but I am of the opinion that there should be an option to
have the lookups done for you. But it is only a minor detail and not very
important.

> However, more importantly what we have found is that the extra network
> calls can sometimes block in nasty ways - which with a single-threaded
> winbindd bites us badly...

Is there any thoughts about addressing this "minor" detail in the winbindd
architecture? Having an central authentication service single-threaded
blocking on external resources does not scale too well..

Regards
Henrik