I am using the IBM AIX version of the "smbclient" utility that comes
with Samba 2.2.8a to transfer files from an AIX unix box to a named PC
share on the local Windows network. I am manually calling this and it
is working without any problems.

I want to integrate this fully into a shell script to automate a
regular file transfer requirement as part of a scheduled task.

I would like to check for transfer errors by checking the return code
from the smbclient. Of course to do this, I need to know what the
returned codes correspond to.

I have found the main man pages on samba.org, which are very
informative but I cannot find a list of return codes anywhere.

Is there a list of the return codes somewhere?

Any help/advice would be appreciated. Cheers!

Tom.