--=-W0YYaB0SiR+It2uec3pv

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 19:49, Pepe Guimar=C3=A3es wrote:
> I think I managed to get a working configuration.
>=20
> I would like to have your opinions.
>=20
> I am running RH 8 with Samba 3.0.5
>=20
> 1) No samba shared mounted on Linux (this way I avoid smbfs)
>=20
> 2) Parameters in smb.conf for the share:
> -locking =3D yes
> -veto oplock files =3D *.dat/*.k*/*.hdr (in my case)
> -strict locking =3D no
>=20
>=20
> That last parameter seems to be the one that avoided writing new records
> to a file by the windows program while that same file was open by the
> Linux program.

And as a result, corrupting the database. At a minimum, I would expect
you to require that parameter to be on. The rest is up to the
windows/posix mappings, and how well the posix side works with the
CIFS/POSIX mapping spec. (Developed by HP I think).

Andrew Bartlett

--=20
Andrew Bartlett abartlet@samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College abartlet@hawkerc.net