Samba ADS support on solaris - Samba

This is a discussion on Samba ADS support on solaris - Samba ; Hello, Has anyone successfully configured Samba with ADS support on Solaris 10? I got it to do 90% of what I need, but the last 10% is a real challenge. What does not work is the user name and groups ...

  1. Samba ADS support on solaris

    Hello,

    Has anyone successfully configured Samba with ADS support on Solaris
    10? I got it to do 90% of what I need, but the last 10% is a real
    challenge.

    What does not work is the user name and groups mapping after I
    modified /etc/nsswitch.conf

    passwd: files winbind
    group: files winbind

    After that, the system hangs if I do "ls -al" on the files that were
    put there via the samba share.

    If anyone has any experience getting this to work on Solaris?

    If so, I need your help!!!

    I am also interested in the commercial support, if anyone does that...

    Thank you
    Leon.

  2. Re: Samba ADS support on solaris

    Can you give us more information about your environment?

    configure-parameters from samba-compilation, krb5.conf, resolv.conf,
    smb.conf, Log-Files (smbd.log & winbindd.log)

+ Reply to Thread