[Samba]Error: Fetching user account information failed - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba]Error: Fetching user account information failed - Samba ; Hi: My win2000 server is currently running on native mode and I have already successfully joined the domain (net ads join), the message is shown below: Using the short domain name --- PRJDM001 Joined "PMOSVR004" to realm "PRJDM001.xxxxxx.com" But when ...

  1. [Samba]Error: Fetching user account information failed

    Hi:

    My win2000 server is currently running on native mode and I have
    already successfully joined the domain (net ads join), the message is
    shown below:

    Using the short domain name --- PRJDM001

    Joined "PMOSVR004" to realm "PRJDM001.xxxxxx.com"

    But when I am trying to fetch the user account data by using the
    command "net rpc Vampire" there is an error message showed:

    Fetching the domain database:

    Failed to fetch domain database: NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED

    Perhaps PRJDM001 is a windows 2000 native mode domain?

    My windows 2000 is exactly running on native mode, and I guess this
    might be the problem is.

    But I cannot find another way to fetch the user info after I searched
    the internet, seems the "net rpc Vampire" command is the only way to
    do this.

    Is there any other way? Please help me, thanks.

    PS: I am sorry that I cannot attach my smb.conf and my system log with
    the mail due to my Linux server does not have the Internet Access, but
    if it is important I will try to attach it next time.

  2. Re: [Samba]Error: Fetching user account information failed

    Hello, please

    tell me if you could finally migrate your accounts to samba.

    I also have a W2000 domain in native mode.

    thnks

    my email is: christianandres41 @ gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread