We have samba 2.2.12 running on Solaris 9. Our PDC and BDC are windows
2000 servers running AD. Our windows admin is ready to promote a new
windows 2003 R2 server to a DC. When she started DCPromo she received
a warning message about older versions of windows and non-windows
systems including SAMBA might not be able to communicate. Our
configuration with SAMBA is not restrictive. Below is a copy of the
smb.conf file running on one of the Solaris boxes.

Are there any issues with her promoting to the new servers.

# Global parameters
[global]
workgroup = RAD
server string = Samba server