How do you set Samba daemon - Samba

This is a discussion on How do you set Samba daemon - Samba ; I am new to Samba and want to see if it is set to start at boot time. What command would I use to see if it is started or where do I look to see?...

  1. How do you set Samba daemon

    I am new to Samba and want to see if it is set to start at boot time.
    What command would I use to see if it is started or where do I look to
    see?

  2. Re: How do you set Samba daemon

    Jabu.Woodard@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am new to Samba and want to see if it is set to start at boot time.
    > What command would I use to see if it is started or where do I look to
    > see?

    Dear Jabu,

    The way to check depends on the flavour of Linux you are running it on.
    For example on the Redhat flavour you can check it with the command
    "chkconfig |grep smb" You will see something like:
    smb 0ff 1ff 2ff 3n 4ff 5n 6ff

    Above line shows that when running in runlevel 3 or 5 smb is running.
    Keep in mind that if you are also running winbind (connection to Active
    directory) you also need to check if winbindd is also started with
    "chkconfig |grep winbind". The result will look like:
    winbind 0ff 1ff 2ff 3n 4ff 5n 6ff

    Hope this will help,

    Regards,

    Dutchy