I have successfully joined several XP pro clients to my samba domain,
however, when I try and add my Windows Server 2003 R2 machine, I get
the following error:

"A domain controller for the doman office could not be contacted"

The error went on about DNS name does not exist and so on...not sure
why its not picking up sambas assigned domain name.

Strange thing is, that I cant even map out any shares from windows
explorer...like something is blocking traffic to that machine
internally. Other XP machines work just fine...with other machines,
weather I log on to the domain or not, I can map any domain share(with
the right parameters naturally); but not from my 2003 server. I can ssh
to the machine from the 2003 box, but thats about it.

Part of my smb.conf:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[global]

; basic server settings
workgroup = office
netbios name = aidey
server string = PDC/File Server
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192
SO_RCVBUF=8192
wins support = yes

;PDC and master browser settings
os level = 64
preferred master = yes
local master = yes
domain master = yes

;security and logging settings
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
domain logons = yes
log file = /var/log/samba/samba-log.%m
log level = 2
max log size = 50

;user profiles and home directory
logon home =
logon path =

; map some shared drives
logon script = netlogonGlobal.bat

add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -s
/bin/false -M %u

Please advise.
Thanks.