mount -t smbfs linux - Samba

This is a discussion on mount -t smbfs linux - Samba ; Hi, GNU/Linux Redhat EL AS4 Update 1 on PPC64. samba-client-3.0.10-1.4E Command: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_account //remote_host/share /mnt/local_mount_point Result: Anonymous login successful 13508: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.) SMB connection failed If just before i make export ...

  1. mount -t smbfs linux

    Hi,
    GNU/Linux Redhat EL AS4 Update 1 on PPC64.
    samba-client-3.0.10-1.4E

    Command: mount -t smbfs -o username=my_account //remote_host/share
    /mnt/local_mount_point
    Result:
    Anonymous login successful
    13508: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
    SMB connection failed

    If just before i make export PASSWD="password" and i execute
    mount -t smbfs -o username=my_account //remote_host/share
    /mnt/local_mount_point
    it's good.

    I really don't understand.
    I install again all the rpm's samba packages, but the problem is not
    resolve.

    Help me please.
    My /etc/samba/smb.conf is ok, i read manpage about samba,
    there is no directive with guest inside.

    I've got another computer with the same versions and there is no
    problem, and its seems to have no difference between the 2 systems.

    best regards.

  2. Re: mount -t smbfs linux

    Sorry, i found the solution !!!!

    with root i load a .bash_rc, so the environment change with export
    PASSWD=

    i comment this ligne and all is working !

    Bye.

    Excuse me.

+ Reply to Thread