[Samba] Samba and Logging Off Windows XP - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] Samba and Logging Off Windows XP - Samba ; Whenever I log-off of windows xp. I dont lose my mapped drive connection but I get an error message stating an invalid password. I enter the exact same password for the reconnect but it wont stay. It is not a ...

  1. [Samba] Samba and Logging Off Windows XP

    Whenever I log-off of windows xp. I dont lose my mapped drive
    connection but I get an error message stating an invalid password. I
    enter the exact same password for the reconnect but it wont stay.

    It is not a problem just strange that I have to enter my password
    everytime even though I set it through the mapped drive settings.

    Anyone seen this before?

    --
    Berlin Brown
    (ramaza3 on freenode)

  2. Re: [Samba] Samba and Logging Off Windows XP

    Berlin Brown wrote:
    > Whenever I log-off of windows xp. I dont lose my mapped drive
    > connection but I get an error message stating an invalid password. I
    > enter the exact same password for the reconnect but it wont stay.
    >
    > It is not a problem just strange that I have to enter my password
    > everytime even though I set it through the mapped drive settings.
    >
    > Anyone seen this before?

    I don't know if this is in relation to your problem, but some windows
    versions cache the password used for the connection. Someday you may
    have told windows to stop doing that alltogether, so when it tries to
    restore the link, it doesn't have the password cached.

    Do you think you may have done that at one point in time?

    HTH

+ Reply to Thread