Craig White wrote:
> OK - from your original dump of smb.conf, I don't see any shares other
> than netlogon...do you have others? Do they show in command...

Yes, I didn't think they were applicable, but here's the shares:

==========
[netlogon]
path = /export/netlogon
browseable = No
[profiles]
comment = User profiles
path = /export/profiles
read only = No
create mask = 0600
directory mask = 0700
browseable = No
[homes]
comment = Home Directory for %u
path = /home/%u
read only = No
browseable = No
==========

> smbclient -L samba -U sa

==========
[root@fedora ~]# smbclient -L samba -U sa
Password:
Domain=[SAMBA-DOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.22-1.fc5]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
ADMIN$ IPC IPC Service (KJN Server)
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (KJN Server)
sa Disk Home Directory for sa
Domain=[SAMBA-DOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.22-1.fc5]

Server Comment
--------- -------
SAMBA KJN Server

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
GEORGE GEORGINA
SAMBA-DOMAIN SAMBA
WORKGROUP DANGERMOUSE

> does output of 'testparm -s -v' give you any errors?

None at all. I did my changes using swat anyway. Is there a particular
logging setup with Samba that I can change to to give the necessary verbose
messages?

Thanks Craig,
Steve