this is my first post to this list.
I have to mount an Win2003 SmallBusinessServer share to my linux box.
So far so good.
The user "user" exists with the same pass on the linux-box like in the
ActiveDirectory at the Win2003-Server.
I added the user with smbpasswd -a user .
I joined the domain with:
net rpc join -S domain -U user

mount -t smbfs -o username=user,workgroup=domain,rw //server/dir /linux/dir

The first error I got was:
root@fax:/etc/rc.d# mount -t smbfs -o
username=user,workgroup=domain,rw //server/dir /linux/dir
cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
1220: protocol negotiation failed
SMB connection failed

I tried
client use spnego = yes
client signing = yes
in the smb.conf, but this was not working.

So I created a new GPO at the Win2003 and disabled the smb-signing.
Now mounting is possible. But when I enter the directory and want to list the
content I got:
ls .: Stale NFS handle

I updated the whole system.
Now Slackware current with samba 3.0.22 and Kernel (cifvs suport
compiled in) and nfs-utils 1.0.7 is working.

When I now mount the share and ls inside I get:
ls .: Access denied

The rights of the shares are correct because other WindowsClients are able to
connect to.

The crazy thing:
If I'm using smbclient, its possible to get into the directory and see the
smbclient //server/dir -U user

At this point I have no more ideas where to search for or how to fix the

Here is the global section of samba (testparm is OK):

workgroup = domain
server string = Samba Server
log file = /var/log/samba
max log size = 50
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
local master = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
domain logons = no
dns proxy = no

It would be glad if someone could help me!
If you need more infos, please ask.

Greets Andi