access denied - Samba

This is a discussion on access denied - Samba ; Hi, I have smb set up on fc5 and it seems to be working just fine for the most part. I can access files in my windows machine through samba, and I can read files on my linux machine through ...

  1. access denied

    Hi,
    I have smb set up on fc5 and it seems to be working just fine for
    the most part. I can access files in my windows machine through samba,
    and I can read files on my linux machine through my winbox.... but i
    can't write to files, I keep getting access denied errors eventhough I
    have a write list

    this is what testparm shows for my smb.conf

    [data]
    path = /export/
    valid users = armando
    admin users = armando
    write list = root, armando
    read only = No
    create mask = 0765
    inherit permissions = Yes
    inherit owner = Yes

    I've also tried setting

    force user = armando
    force group = user

    (user armando has full read/write access to the directory) but that
    still doesnt fix the problem. I've set rules on iptables to allow
    traffic coming in from my windows host, and besides all the crazy
    settings i've tried on smb.conf, I don't know what else to try.

    Thanks for the help.

    PS I restart the server after any change so that can't be it either

  2. Re: access denied

    another note:
    when looking at smbstatus, there seem to be locks on the file that
    allow rdonly.
    I tried turning off the locks, but even then smbstatus still shows the
    locks.

+ Reply to Thread