Hello,

I'm working in France (Europe), and use daylight saving time (aka DST aka
summertime). I upgraded my Samba server from 3.0.20b to 3.0.21c.

Got complaints from a user that all his *WINTER* files modification date
mysteriously shifted one hour ahead. It took me some time to find out the
culprit, since we just switched from wintertime to summertime.

On Unix (tested both Solaris 9 and RedHate Enterprise 4), created two files
using touch (with the -t flag):
- winter, timestamp set to 2 Mar 06 9:00
- summer, timestamp set to 2 Apr 06 9:00

Using Samba 3.0.20b my WinPC (XP Pro) with time set in summertime (today) shows:
- winter, timestamp set to 2 Mar 06 9:00
- summer, timestamp set to 2 Apr 06 9:00

Using Samba 3.0.21c my WinPC (XP Pro) with time set in summertime (today) shows:
- winter, timestamp set to 2 Mar 06 10:00 **OUCH**
- summer, timestamp set to 2 Apr 06 9:00

Now I set back both server and client date back one month (wintertime).

Using Samba 3.0.20b:
- winter, timestamp set to 2 Mar 06 9:00
- summer, timestamp set to 2 Apr 06 9:00

Using Samba 3.0.21c:
- winter, timestamp set to 2 Mar 06 9:00
- summer, timestamp set to 2 Apr 06 8:00 **OUCH**

It looks as if the "Samba 4" semantic introduced in 3.0.21 breaks something that
worked great before - at least in my case.

Did I miss something? Is there a (hidden) parameter in smb.conf to control this?
How to fix this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Emmanuel E.