This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--===============1044450888==
micalg=sha1; boundary="------------ms030203040901060507020908"

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms030203040901060507020908

hello to all

i use a samba server (3.0.14a) PDC which makes the users and computers
authentication on a LDAP server (openldap on debian sarge) (people
branch and computers branch)..

does somebody had this problem? when a user connects from a PC which is
in a windows domain, the authentication doesn't succeed for the
following reason

the error message is (translated from french message by me, sorry):

"windows can't connect to the domain because the domain controler
doesn't work or your computer account has not been found"

(original french message)
"windows ne peut pas se connecter au domaine car le controleur de
domaine ne fonctionne pas est indisponible ou votre compte d'ordinateur
n'a pas été trouvé"

but:
1. my ldap server seems to be functionnal, it answers to queries
2. my samba server is also operationnal

it seems that at logon time, samba doens't find the computer name in the
computer branch of the ldap server... But it's in!

example of log:

[2006/03/29 17:54:26, 4] passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_getsampwnam(1334)
ldapsam_getsampwnam: Unable to locate user [PC-WINSIC$] count=0
2006/03/29 17:54:26, 0] rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:get_md4pw(244)

get_md4pw: Workstation PC-WINSIC$: no account in domain

whereas this pc-winsic$ computer is well in the computer branch, and i
can query my ldap server for this entry!

I rebuild my ldap database, i started again ldap and samba server,
without more success

i can't find the origin of the problem.. the only solution i found is to
remove the computer from the domain, reboot, re enter the computer in
the domain.. and it works!

but i can't make this operation for my several tens of computer!

do you know this problem? is there a central solution which can solve
the problem without acting on each client computer?

many thanks for help

ML

--
Maurice Libes
Tel : +33 (04) 91 82 93 25 Centre d'Oceanologie de Marseille