Yes, I just verified this on my setup. I've never had luck in the past,
but I must have had a non-working password chat at those times (quite
some time ago now). Apologies for misleading anyone.

I have a 'unique' setup for my user accounts, so my little script will
still be useful for certain purposes here, but I can now allow normal
password changes.

Thanks Eric & Simo.

On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 15:04 -0500, Eric J. Feldhusen wrote:
> On a RHEL4, with Samba 3.0.10, I have the following password options=20
> below. I just tested and with a WinXP Pro client, I did the=20
> ctrl-alt-delete and changed my password. Once I did that, I ssh'ed into=20
> the box and it used my new password.
> [global]
> encrypt passwords =3D yes
> null passwords =3D yes
> obey pam restrictions =3D yes
> passwd chat =3D *New*UNIX*password* %n\n*ReType*new*UNIX*password*%n\n=20
> *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*update
> d*successfully*
> passwd program =3D /usr/bin/passwd %u
> unix password sync =3D Yes
> Ben Walton wrote:
> > A note on the password sync issue. Someone more knowledgeable correct
> > me if I'm wrong.
> >=20

> --=20
> Eric Feldhusen