Thank you responding, but please understand that I didn't compile samba. =
I run debian sarge and I installed from a debian package. Furthermore, =
we have a snap server which runs a locked down version of linux with samb=
a. Both machines have the following problem:

When I copy files from a windows machines to the samba servers, the 'date=
created' attribute is always the same value as the 'date modified' attri=
bute. The 'date modified' attribute remains the same, but the 'date crea=
ted' changes as noted above.

Can anyone on this list verify that their samba server doesn't have the s=
ame type of behaviour, especially if you run debian.

Thanks,
Gerald