Folks,=0A=
=0A=
Sincere apologies for asking this again, but I'm just not getting this to=
=20=0A=
work, and must be missing something here:=0A=
=0A=
My company's network is based around a Windows 2003 server AD, with several=
=20=0A=
RHEL AS 3 boxes connected to it via samba (3.0.21c-1). =A0This scheme works=
=20=0A=
very well. =A0I've set up, and have successfully been using a sendmail-base=
d=20=0A=
email system, too.=0A=
=0A=
My issue is this: =A0When I create a user account in AD, I have to also cre=
ate=20=0A=
it in the mail server. =A0This is inconvenient and inefficient.=0A=
=0A=
I have samba installed on the mail server. I also have the mkhomedir module=
=20=0A=
installed, and the appropriate line to invoke it is in the samba, pop, and=
=20=0A=
smtp.sendmail config files under /etc/pam.d. My users are using the Outloo=
k=20=0A=
2003 mail client. =A0If I create a user in the email server, then Outlook h=
as=20=0A=
no problem connecting to the mail server using the user's credentials from=
=20=0A=
the email server. =A0But, if the user is only created in AD, then Outlook=
=20=0A=
complains that the incoming pop server won't authenticate the user, despite=
=20=0A=
the fact that winbind is fired up, wbinfo -u shows the user, and getent=20=
=0A=
passwd shows the user's credentials. Arrrgh! IMHO, this is the one small=
=20=0A=
thing that keeps this from being a really great system.=0A=
=0A=
Can anybody show me the way to get over the hump?=0A=
=0A=
Many thanks.=0A=
=0A=
Dimitri=0A=
=0A=
--=20=0A=
This message has been scanned for viruses and=0A=
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is=0A=
believed to be clean.=0A=
=0A=