This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

micalg=sha1; boundary="------------ms070407090600010506010408"

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

you need to setup some password policies.. I was just playing with this
a couple days ago.. seems to work very nicely

It stores all the information in the LDAP Entry for the Domain

anyway.. here's the link I learnt from:

specifically, you need to set the "password history" setting.

I don't think you can just modify the entries in ldap.. I think you have
to use pdbedit, as stated on the document..

good luck

Jan Stavel wrote:
> Hello,
> I have working PDC with ldap
> samba 3.0.21c-1
> I try to force users change their password by setting password
> expiration. It works - the samba asks a user to change his password.
> But user can set value of the password to the previos one and system
> accepts it - at the end no change was made :-)
> Can samba check whether user really changed value of his password?
> I tried to change password format from SSHA to SHA (it can be checked)
> but no
> result.
> Thanks for advice,
> Jan Stavel