This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--===============1573655454==
micalg=sha1; boundary="------------ms070407090600010506010408"

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms070407090600010506010408

you need to setup some password policies.. I was just playing with this
a couple days ago.. seems to work very nicely

It stores all the information in the LDAP Entry for the Domain
(sambaDomainName=yourdomain)

anyway.. here's the link I learnt from:

http://searchopensource.techtarget.c...tml?bucket=ETA

specifically, you need to set the "password history" setting.

I don't think you can just modify the entries in ldap.. I think you have
to use pdbedit, as stated on the document..

good luck

--
Matt Ingram
Intermediate Unix Administrator, IS