This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--===============1243487420==
micalg=sha1; boundary="------------ms000407040204050306030207"

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms000407040204050306030207

--------------070500030605060006090404

Hi,

we have just moved our file services from an old
hpux system to a new linux system. I used
the old config as a template for the new smb.conf.
Most things are working, but not everything.
The main problem is in the moment, that samba seem's
to use the primary group only for accessing file and folders.

To explain what I mean:

we have a share called ABC, valid group AG_X
within this folder there is a subfolder DEF, owned
by AG_Z and the permissions 770 (open only for group members).
This is working perfectly under linux itself, but
samba only pop up a message access denied.

[BSY_2]
comment = Datenbereich der Abteilung Heimann - AG_Heimann2
path = /Net/Groups/BSY/BSY_2
valid users = @AG_Heimann,@AG_DV
force group = AG_Heimann
create mask = 01664
force directory mode = 01774
read only = No

The same setting worked without any problems under hpux,but
with samba 2.x.

Any hint is welcome !!!

--
Thanks,