I found it hard to believe that my config or client settings were
causing the problem, since I never had any problem running samba 2.
I searched google for :- 'wins_srv_is_dead' as my logs suggested that
there may be a samba problem doing wins lookups.

I found a couple of posts refering to a bug in versions around 3.0.12 so
I decided to update my samba to the current release 3.0.21c The problem
has now dissapeared!

Thanks for your help Barry.



__________________________________________________ ______________

Kilner Vacuumation Co. Ltd. http://www.kilner-vacuum-lifting.com
Tel. +44 1246 416441 Fax. +44 1246 290573
__________________________________________________ ______________

Scanned for viruses by F-Prot Antivirus - http://www.f-prot.com

All information contained in this email is confidential and may
be used by the intended recipient only.
--
To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the
instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/samba