Andrew Galdes wrote:
> Craig,
>
>> try this...samba Wiki
>>
>> http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Mult...rver_Instances
>>
>> Craig

> That configuration appears to work at a lower level - rather than a
> single Samba server providing the (multiple DC's) services, samba is
> actually running multiple times. The documentation 'doesn't' say it's
> 'not' possible. I will do some testing.

As an alternative, you can run several Samba instances from within Xen.
It was easier for me to set it up this way (on Xen), than to configure
several Samba + OpenLDAP servers running on the same box.
Furthermore, if you have "unified" directory setup (i.e., software in
the same directories etc.) on your Samba servers, this can be an
additional pro.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org