I have an old printer server running Samba v2.2.7. It's due to be
phased out this summer, but in the mean time I need to add a new print
driver. In order to capture the list of files, I ran the command:

make_printerdef hp4100p6.inf "HP LaserJet 4100 PCL 6" > files.def

Only 6 of the required files were not already installed in the driver
directory, and so I added just those 6 files.

I then tried the command "rpcclient socrates -U % -c
"adddriver '`cat files.def`'". The response is:

Usage: adddriver \

I'm assuming that the problem is the "", but I have no idea
what I need to put there.

Can anybody help me out here?

Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager