ACK! Ok this morning for some strange reason when trying to resolve my
samba server authentication fails ... it can ping the host name and it
tries to connect but authentication fails, if I connect to the IP all
works fine, this only started happening this AM any ideas?

My enviro is a win2k3 AD domain and a samba file server ...

everything seems to run fine except for when users try to map to
machinename\share it fails, but works with ip_address\share

Thanks a bunch