--=_173279FF.D6B7C3F2

I would like to know if there is a rule that can be created in iptables =
that would allow a samba server shares to be seen on the internal LAN. =
The interface is on eth0 the ip address of eth0 is 192.168.0.1. It seems =
that when I applied a firewall I have blocked smb from showing up. Now =
the users cannot see any shares via Network Neighborhood , but I can map a =
drive via Start->Run->\\192.168.0.1\sharename.
This is on a Debian 3.1 server.

Thanks

Jon

--=_173279FF.D6B7C3F2

I would like to know if there is a rule that can be created in iptables
that would allow a samba server shares to be seen on the internal LAN.  The
interface is on eth0 the ip address of eth0 is 192.168.0.1.  It seems that
when I applied a firewall I have blocked smb from showing up.  Now the
users cannot see any shares via Network Neighborhood , but I can map a drive via
Start->Run->\\192.168.0.1\sharename.

This is on a Debian 3.1 server.

Thanks

Jon