NTUSER.DAT is the running registry file for the user logged onto the
machine. Each user instance creates a new NTUSER.DAT file located in the
profile directory. While the user is logged into the machine you will =
NOT
be able to copy this file, nor will you be able to copy it after logging =
the
user off the machine (if administrator) since the file will still be =
locked.
So what to do,=20

I would assume you are wanting to create a form of roaming profile for =
your
Administrator account...

1 - Create a new administrator user on the local machine for the server,
make sure this user is a member of the administrator group.

2 - Reboot the server and log on as your new local admin user.

3 - At this point in time you can access the c:\Documents and
Settings\%username% that you want and you should be able to copy all
contents of the users profile including NTUSER.DAT file. =20

There are tools: USMT (User State Migration Tool) and FSTW (Files and
Settings Transfer Wizard) from Microsoft that you can use. Check out =
the
Resource Kit for the OS you are using. Great stuff.

James