--===============0284927924==

--=-YgFhLv4bDDl/g46txacu

On Fri, 2006-03-10 at 11:10 -0800, Raj Talwar wrote:
> Is it possible to use NTLMv2 with MSCHAPv2 (using ntlm_auth and winbindd)=

.. What do I need to put in the smb.conf to make this work.=20

MSCHAPv2 is encryption compatible with NTLM, not NTLMv2. (It simply
changes how the 8-byte LM challenge is prepared, and removes the LM
response).

The client cannot (while sending a valid MSCHAPv2 response) us the
NTLMv2 crypto.

However, if as I suspect the issue regards the policy settings which
appear to allow MSCHAPv2 from a windows RADIUS server, but not a Samba
ntlm_auth/winbind server, to a domain allowing only NTLMv2
authentication, then I remain stumped. See my mail earlier today.

Andrew Bartlett

--=20
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College http://hawkerc.net