[Samba] help! mount error 11 - can't find any info on this!! - Samba

This is a discussion on [Samba] help! mount error 11 - can't find any info on this!! - Samba ; When I try to mount a windows share, I am getting the following error message: mount error 11 = Resource temporarily unavailable Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs) I am running this command: mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/Clinic /mnt/clinic/ -o username=administrator,password=xxxxx,rw ...

  1. [Samba] help! mount error 11 - can't find any info on this!!

    When I try to mount a windows share, I am getting the following error
    message:

    mount error 11 = Resource temporarily unavailable
    Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

    I am running this command:
    mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/Clinic /mnt/clinic/ -o
    username=administrator,password=xxxxx,rw

    In /var/log/messages, i get the following:
    kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -11

    I cannot find any documentation about this error, and no one else
    seems to be getting it.
    Does anyone know anything about this problem, and how I can resolve
    this issue.

    Any info would be great.
    Thankyou.
    Andrew.

  2. Re: help! mount error 11 - can't find any info on this!!

    Andrew:

    I came across your post while looking for the same information. I
    quickly gave up and decided to solve it myself. First, I turned on
    additional debug logging (echo 1 >/proc/fs/cifs/cifsFYI), and got the
    following:

    Mar 21 19:14:32 wajlnx05 kernel: [2806892.931729] fs/cifs/connect.c:
    Existing tcp session with server found
    Mar 21 19:14:32 wajlnx05 kernel: [2806892.931736] fs/cifs/connect.c:
    Existing smb sess found
    Mar 21 19:14:32 wajlnx05 kernel: [2806892.931898] CIFS VFS: cifs_mount
    failed w/return code = -11

    This reminded me that I had another share from the target machine
    already mounted, so I unmounted that in order to dispose of the old SMB
    session. I was then able to remount both shares successfully. If you
    don't have another share from that machine mounted... well, turn on
    debugging as I mentioned above, retry the failing mount, and post the
    relevant logs, and maybe I or someone else can try to help further.

    You might also find the dump from "cat /proc/fs/cifs/DebugData" useful.
    More information is available in your Linux source, i.e.
    /usr/src/linux/fs/cifs/README.

    -Bill

    bart3r wrote:
    > When I try to mount a windows share, I am getting the following error
    > message:
    >
    > mount error 11 = Resource temporarily unavailable
    > Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)
    >
    > I am running this command:
    > mount.cifs //192.168.1.2/Clinic /mnt/clinic/ -o
    > username=administrator,password=xxxxx,rw
    >
    > In /var/log/messages, i get the following:
    > kernel: CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -11
    >

    > I cannot find any documentation about this error, and no one else
    > seems to be getting it.
    > Does anyone know anything about this problem, and how I can resolve
    > this issue.
    >
    > Any info would be great.
    > Thankyou.
    > Andrew.
    > --

  3. Re: [Samba] help! mount error 11 - can't find any info on this!!

    If you encounter error 11 - try the mount with invalid username or password, and then use the correct one again.
    Seems that something is cached incorrectly and this clears it up.

  4. Re: [Samba] help! mount error 11 - can't find any info on this!!

    Tol solve this problem you should find the hanged cifsd process via ps command.

    #ps -ef|grep cifsd
    root 31162 1 0 Aug10 ? 00:00:00 [cifsd]
    root 7617 1 0 Aug11 ? 00:00:00 [cifsd]

    kill only [cifsd] ones by kill command.