No, it does have the right PPD file, but the filter doesn't get called as it
being passed through as RAW.

> It is a PS printer, right?

Yep, well, sorta... Postscript level2. This is why I'm wanting to filter
through the foomatic rip to a PCL output (or postscript level 2 will do).
I've got the a PPD file from linuxprinting.org which has the correct filters
for converting to PCL.

> Did you use cupsaddsmb? If so, it would have needed to have
> been patched
> for the CUPS version 6 driver to properly set the printer up in Samba.

No. That didn't appear to work too well... Perhaps I'm wanting the patch...
I added it using the windows "install driver" method in the samba docs, then
assigned it to each printer using the rpcclient method.

Dave