I'm using the following script at logon time:

=2D-- add_network_printers.vbs ---
on error resume next
Set WshNetwork =3D CreateObject("WScript.Network")

PrinterPath =3D "\\server\c510-sw"
WshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection PrinterPath, true, true
WshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection PrinterPath

Select Case UCase(WshNetwork.ComputerName)
Case "WKS01"
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "HP DeskJet 870C"
Case "WKS02"
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "HP DeskJet 840C"
Case Else
WshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter "\\server\c510-sw"
End Select
=2D-- END ---

This removes the print driver and reinstalls it.

Am Freitag, 3. M=E4rz 2006 16:42 schrieb Jim Hogan:
> I hope someone here can offer an easy approach to the following
> (somewhat simplified) scenario.
> We have a Samba domain that is running well. We have 10 Samba/CUPS
> printers and used the Windows Print Wizard method noted on pages
> 225-226 (section 17.6.1) of the Prentice-Hall-published Official
> Samba-3 HOWTO to install the drivers. Over time, we learned to pay
> particular attention the the printer initialization gotchas in section
> 17.7.4 on page 238
> Now let's say that 100 client PCs have installed Printer X with
> Point-and-Print "Add Printer" Wizard.
> But then say an updated driver comes out for that model or we realize
> that the initial default settings for Printer X aren't ideal --
> duplexer not initialized, say.
> Without creating a new Samba/CUPS queue with a different name, is
> there a straightforward way to install updated drivers (or the same
> drivers so that they can be reinitialized) and then forcing client PCs
> to adopt the new/tweaked drivers?
> The latter circumstance (we'd like to reinitialized the drivers for 1
> printer) is actually our situation, but it occurred to me that the
> issue would come up any time we'd like to distribute updated drivers.
> Thanks!
> Jim
> --
> -*- Jim Hogan