Hello,
I am new to this list but I have been learning to use linux/bsd and =
samba for the past year. so far I have been able to learn enough on my =
own to be able to successfully set up a functional samba server on =
FreeBSD and Gentoo Linux boxes. I am trying to learn how to integrate =
them into an Active Directory windows 2003 server domain. So far I have =
verified that Kerberos and ldap and winbind (I think) are functioning =
correctly. I am able to do a 'kinit administrator@DOMAIN.COM' command =
and not get a failure.
I am able to see all of the groups and users/systems in the domain from =
getent commands.

My problem is that I cant access samba shares when permissions are set =
using domain users.
I can access the /home/samba/public share is I DON'T specify a 'valid =
users =3D' line in the smb.conf file, but not the other way around.

Here is what my smb.conf file looks like:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 10.11.7.56 (10.11.7.56)
# Date: 2006/03/01 09:45:11

[global]
workgroup =3D MARKETSCAN
realm =3D MARKETSCAN.COM
server string =3D %h Samba Server
interfaces =3D lo, eth0
bind interfaces only =3D Yes
security =3D ADS
auth methods =3D winbind
password server =3D nostradmus, nostradamus_ii, nostradamus_cam
log file =3D /var/log/samba/log.%m
socket options =3D TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=3D16384 =
SO_SNDBUF=3D16384
load printers =3D No
preferred master =3D No
dns proxy =3D No
wins proxy =3D No
wins server =3D 10.11.3.198
ldap ssl =3D no
passdb expand explicit =3D No
idmap uid =3D 10000-20000
idmap gid =3D 10000-20000
template shell =3D /bin/bash
winbind separator =3D max log size =3D 50
winbind use default domain =3D Yes

[public]
comment =3D %h Public Share
path =3D /home/samba/public