On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 07:45 -0600, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> Fermin Molina wrote:
> > I don't know exactly, but when I moved the information
> > from NFS servers to local storage, the problems disappeared.

> Samba assumes posix locking semantics on the filesystem.
> NFS locking is broken. You might try setting
> 'strict locking = no'. If that doesn't work, you might
> try 'posix locking = no' just as a test.

Well, but I think the problem isn't located in the locking of NFS files;
smbd daemons always get stalled doing a lock of "local" locking.tdb
file. Then, must be broken the ext3 locking? In any case, maybe it's
broken all locking system in linux kernel...

Regarding another subject, I cannot try those settings because now that
the information is 'local' to samba machine and not further mounted from
the NFS server, there haven't been any problems...

Fermin Molina Ibarz
Tècnic sistemes - ASIC
Universitat de Lleida
Tel: +34 973 702151