On 2/13/06, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> > Thankyou so much Tomasz for your reply.
> > Any Idea why it is that the new groups I create
> > donot work that way then?

> The token for the user is created a login time (i.e.
> when smbd authenticates the user). You don't say but I'm
> guessing you are testing with groups after the token was
> created. Logout from the windows client and log back in
> to refresh the user's token.

Thankyou so much Jerry for your reply :-)

I actually tried logout and login but the problem persisted so I downgraded=

devsrv:~# dpkg -l |grep samba
ii samba 3.0.14a-3sarge a LanManager-like file and printer server=
fo
ii samba-common 3.0.14a-3sarge Samba common files used by both the serve=
r a
devsrv:~#

and created the samba accounts ( tedious task! ) and the problems persisted=
..

The I found that the problem is only for the samba account "administrator"
So I removed the unix and samba accounts "administrator" and created
it again with "useradd" and also created the samba account
"administrator" and the thing seemed to be fixed.

I upgraded to

devsrv:~# dpkg -l |grep samba
ii samba 3.0.21b-1 a LanManager-like file and printer server=
fo
ii samba-common 3.0.21b-1 Samba common files used by both the serve=
r a
devsrv:~#

and the problems seem to be gone :-)

no Idea what went wrong actually! Thankyou ll for the help and suggestions.

Kind Regards

Siju