Still hoping for some help here. If my pam setup is correct (not sure
if it is), when I run ftp to connect, do I put my login as
DOMAIN/mylogin, or do I use DOMAIN+mylogin (my separator is + in
smb.conf), or do I do mylogin. Please see my question sent earlier on
pam setup:

Is it enough to get samba to work to do the following:

Add in /etc/security/user on the default SYSTEM line:

SYSTEM = compat OR WINBIND # OR or AND?

Add in /usr/lib/security/methods.cfg:

PAM:
program = /usr/lib/security/PAM

WINBIND:
program = /usr/lib/security/WINBIND
options = authonly
* options = auth=PAM,db=BUILTIN
(do we need this line? If so, is BUILTIN always what you need if you
use ads/tdb?) How do we know what to use?

pam.conf:

# Authentication Management
sshd auth required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
ftpd auth required
/usr/lib/security/pam_winbind.so debug unknown_ok DOMAIN
# are these lines correct if I am trying to use pam for ftp (testing)
OTHER auth required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix

# Account management
sshd account required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
ftpd account required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix.so
debug
OTHER account required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix

# Password management
sshd password required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
ftpd password required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix.so
debug use_first_pass
OTHER password required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix

# Session management
sshd session required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix
ftpd session required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix.so
debug
OTHER session required /usr/lib/security/pam_aix

Where is the logging information so I can see what is going on? It is
not in messages.

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead
919-765-2011