hello again,

thanks for the help. net ads dn is working now - and I really like that
perl script. There is one issue though.

../adssearch.pl [...] "(&(objectclass=computer)(sAMAccountName=HOST1$))"
works perfectly fine... found entry: CN=HOST1,CN=Computers,DC=abc,DC=tld

../adssearch.pl [...]
does not return any results.

What I want to do is to search all computer accounts in the Active
Directory for a certain netbootGUID. If I can't match it like the way
above I probably have to read them all into an array and look for the
right GUID there.. but I don't like that approach very much

this time objectSid works - both objectGUID and netbootGUID won't.
Any idea?

- --
Roman Sommer

Guenther Deschner wrote:
> Hi Roman,
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:01:25AM +0100, Roman Sommer wrote:
>> hello everyone,
>> I can read *any* attribute I want out of the Active Directory using 'net
>> ads dn'.. except for one - which of course is the (only) one I need.
>> netbootGUID. It is stored in an octet string as is objectGUID and
>> objectSid which I can read properly.

> Ok, I fixed that in subversion (see
> http://build.samba.org/?function=dif...revision=13410)
> You might want to take a look at the adssearch.pl perl script which
> quickly allows you to work on decoding the various attributes without
> recompiling.
> Guenther

Version: GnuPG v1.4.2 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFD61F+KonGtrxsRysRAtFJAJ9MAkf+Ll2tK7Ttkv1RCL Kdd6wokwCdH3XB