I followed the steps at
for adding a v3.0.21a samba and winbindd server to a MsAD domain and
configuring nsswitch.conf to find passwd and group info from winbind.

This seems to have worked out fine, except that I can't 'see' or
'recognize' certain groups via getent or via wbinfo -g.

E.g. I can see the 'ccsd-staff' group via getent and wbinfo -g, but i
don't see the 'ccsd-dept-www' group via either.

Within the MsAD domain of concern, those two groups are basically the
same, except the one that getent finds is in ou=people,dc=msoe,dc=edu
and the one that it doesn't find is in ou=unixgroups,dc=msoe,dc=edu

This makes me think there's an ldap basedn problem, but then, there's no
ldap config needed or used by winbind, as far as i can tell.

Anyone know what's wrong or have an idea of how to debug? Thanks
Happy Landings,

Jon Detert
IT Systems Administrator, Milwaukee School of Engineering
1025 N. Broadway, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202, U.S.A.