I thought I had posted this previously, but I cannot seem to find any
record of it.

I am using Samba in a mixed network (WinXP and FreeBSD 5.4). There is no
domain involved.

Using the following command, I can access a share on one of the WinXP

I now find that I can also access the share using an incorrect 'NAME' or
'PASSWORD' or both. In fact, I can just use an incorrect 'PASSWORD' with
no name, and I can still access the share.

Obviously, something is configured wrong on the WinXP machine, but I am
not sure what. Perhaps someone might have a suggestion.

Gerard Seibert

The boor is of no use in conversation. He contributes nothing worth
hearing, and takes offense at everything.

Aristotle, c. 340 b. c.