At 03:10 PM 2/3/2006 +0000, Joe Cipale wrote:
>Justin McCullough wrote:
>
>>I just recently installed a second hard drive in my Samba server with=20
>>the hopes of sharing it with the rest of my home network. It seems like=

=20
>>Samba can not get the correct permissions to the drive, however. I have=

=20
>>the drive mounted under /media/public, and when I try to map a share=20
>>directly to it and open the share with a client, I get an
>>NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME error. When I map the share to /media and=20
>>try the client again, I can see the cdrom folder, but not public. I have=

=20
>>also tried scp and ftp using /media/public, and they both work fine, so=

=20
>>it doesn't seem like a common case of poor permission settings. Has=20
>>anyone else ever experienced this or know of a possible cause? I'm=20
>>running Fedora Core 4 if that helps.
>>
>>Thanks in advance,
>>Justin McCullough

>Have you exported the new drive under NFS yet?

Done what now? Under Samba? To access it from an NT box??

I never have done any exporting. Just declare it a share in my samba conf=20
file and -- oh yeah! You have to restart the daemons!
rcsmb restart (or reload? never can remember)
rcnmb restart

Silly thing won't reload the conf file until you do that.

>Joe
>--

[Warfare] "Tuez-les tous; Dieu reconnai^tra les siens." (More
literally, this is "Kill them all; God will recognize his own.") ?
Amalric Arnaud, during the seige of Be'ziers (1209 AD)?
tpeters@nospam.mixcom.com (remove "nospam") N9QQB (amateur radio)
"HEY YOU" (loud shouting) WEB ADDRESS http//www.mixweb.com/tpeters
43=B0 7' 17.2" N by 88=B0 6' 28.9" W, Elevation 815', Grid Square EN53wc
WAN/LAN/Telcom Analyst, Tech Writer, MCP, CCNA, Registered Linux User 385531