I am trying to mount a share on a remote machine using a miminal
smb.conf as suggested in the Samba HOWTO.

Nmbd and smbd are running on the target machine.
The calling machine (server?) has the name of the target (linda2) in

When I try to mount I get the error message:

Got a positive name query response from ( )
Connecting to at port 445
Anonymous login successful
13986: tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed

What do I need to do on either the target machine or the server to allow

My entire smb.conf is:
workgroup = LANET
server string = Samba Server
log file = /var/log/samba.%m