--===============1737493847==

--=-kJ1kG4Z7dmn5nlouoS3u

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 12:39 +1300, Rhys Goodwin wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>=20
> I know it's only TP1 and maybe? this isn't the best place to ask but wher=

> do I start?

For now, user questions on Samba4 are best directed to the
samba-technical list. I'm more likely to notice them there.

> I've download the debian experimental Samba 4 TP1 package and installed i=

t.
> The debian installer did the provisioning and I've set up dns. I set up a
> share and it all seems to work fine with the built-in administrator accou=

nt.
> But what now? how do I join computers to the domaind?=20

You should be able to join them from the client, as you do to Samba4.
There are no scripts required.=20

> Do I still need
> something like nss/pam ldap to enumerate UNIX users?=20

Currently the best option is to manually add matching unix users. This
will be improved.

> how do I manage the
> directory? How do I login to the directory with generic directory browser=

..
> eg. what would then DN be?

for my test domain of tammy.abartlet.net, administrator is:

CN=3DAdministrator,CN=3DUsers,DC=3Dtammy,DC=3Dabar tlet,DC=3Dnet

We welcome reports of which admin utilities work and which fail, as our
LDAP support isn't complete yet.

> Is SWAT operational at this stage? How would I go about accessing it. Or =

am
> I missing something obvious??

It should be listening on port 901. It doesn't do very much at the
moment, but that's where you will find it.

Andrew Bartlett

--=20
Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College http://hawkerc.net