I think I am finally joined to a domain in ad with aix server ( I
dumped mit kerberos and used heimdal instead, which worked great. I can
wbinfo -u/-g users and groups and I see everything in my ad realm. I
was trying to do a test share, but I am not sure why I cannot connect:

My user exists on the unix box and the same name exists on the ad

The share was:

path = /usr/local/samba/test
valid users = DOMAIN/mylogin

I tried to type chown DOMAIN/mylogin /usr/local/samba/test, but that
does not work. Did I need pam to allow me to do things like this?

David Shapiro
Unix Team Lead