eric roseme wrote:

> I have not tried loading our POSIX ID's onto R2, but I doubt it will
> work with Samba as-is because the attribute names have changed from SFU.
> SFU pre-fixed the RFC2307 attributes with msSFU-30 (thus not following
> the RFC) but R2 actually uses the correct attribute names.

Samba is making requests to AD using the OIDs of the attributes (in
3.0.21a, at least). I've confirmed that the SFU OIDs are different from
the RFC2307 OIDs, so Samba apparently needs to be patched/enhanced to
fully support RFC2307.

SFU schema OID root: 1.2.840.113556.1.6.18.1
RFC2307 schema OID root: 1.3.6.1.1.1

-McG