On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 20:01 -0800, Pablo Graziano wrote:
> I've read everything I've found on tcpdump-smb, and still can't get it=20
> to work right.
> I downloaded the binary from samba.org, and executed the command like so=

> (The command belowis directly from the README.smb that comes with=20
> tcpdump-3.4a5.tar.gz)
> ./tcpdump -i eth0 port 139 host
> tcpdump: parse error
> How do I use it to get the decoded smb output?

I strongly suggest you look into ethereal. This is the main network
sniffer used by Samba developers these days, because it has gone far,
far further than tcpdump ever did.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett http://samba.org/~abartlet/
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College http://hawkerc.net

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)

iD8DBQBDqkxFz4A8Wyi0NrsRAtZLAJ9d6rUjpeGAbICAhHJAsg iw6d89JgCePk4b